Q: What services do you provide?
A: We provide residential and commercial carpet cleaning, upholstery cleaning, area rug cleaning and tile & grout cleaning.
Q: How are you any different from other companies?
A: Our mission statement is, “Blackburn CARES about your outstanding service experience!” We aim to show our customers that we personally care about them in every way that we can. Our business has been running for over 45 years and we have a great reputation as a small business in the town of Waterford, Connecticut. If you are not completely satisfied with our cleaning experience, we will give you your money back, 100% guaranteed.
Q: Why is your pricing so high?
A: We may not have the cheapest pricing around but we truly wish to give you the best service experience possible. Our products and equipment that we use are top of the line and we strive to give consistent quality cleaning on our commercial and residential jobs.
Q: Are your products ecofriendly?
A: Yes, we are very conscious of the impact that our products have on the environment and we would never want to bring dangerous chemicals into your work place or home!
Q: What is your in-home carpet cleaning process?
A: We have a 12 step process that we use:
- Pre-Inspection: Our technician will inspect areas of concern and soiling. He will also make you aware of any permanent stains.
- Pre-vacuum as needed: this will remove dry soil.
- Furniture moving: You will be asked to move large pieces of furniture ahead of time if needed like beds and dressers before-hand but the technician can move small items and protect your furniture with blocks and tabs.
- Pre-spray & Pre-spot: The carpet is pre-sprayed with hot special cleaning compounds specially designed for your carpet and soil condition. This loosens the soil and makes rinsing more effective.
- Pre-groom: The pre-spray will be worked into the fiber using either a hand rake or a rotary scrubber depending on your carpet type.
- Rinse & Extract: Once the soil is loosened, our truck mount hot water extraction process will thoroughly flush the carpet. This step sanitizes and deodorizes the carpet. Water pressure is regulated so the carpet is not over wet.
- Post spot treatment: If any spots are not removed, the technician will go back over them again to try to extract them.
- Neutralize: Every carpet we clean is pH balanced so that there is no sticky residue left behind. This treatment is applied as a rinse through the machine.
- Dry Bonnet: Some carpets need this step to help with the drying process and it can help prevent spots from returning.
- Apply protector: This is like scotch guard, it helps prevent stains and helps with a faster clean-up of spills. (This is an extra charge if you desire it).
- Post-grooming: The carpet pile is set in one direction (using a carpet rake) for faster drying and more visual appeal.
- Post inspection: The technician walks through your home with you so you can inspect their work.
Q: How do you clean area rugs?
A: We send out any rugs that come in to our warehouse facility to get cleaned. For most rugs we use a bathtub cleaning and a speed drying system. For more delicate rugs we can clean by hand. (Please see video on website on our area rug cleaning process). Area rug pick up and drop offs are free of charge!