Is your kitchen a clean one? You may be thinking, “yes, I clean it once a week.” However, just wiping down your kitchen with disinfectant might not be thorough enough; especially if it is a commercial kitchen, like a restaurant. For commercial facilities, getting your kitchen properly cleaned regularly is essential to safety, health regulations and fire prevention.
What should I have professionally cleaned and why?
- Hood/ Vents: Grease removal of the hood and vents in your kitchen reduces the likelihood of fires and damage.
- Floors: Food particles, spills and grease build up on the floors of many kitchens. Getting them cleaned regularly helps prevent slipping hazards and injuries. One common option is to give them a deep, high pressure steam cleaning if you have tile and grout. This helps to remove the particles and buildup between the creases and on the surface of the floor.
- Walls: tend to hold grease and airborne pollutants. Usually walls in a kitchen can also be pressure washed with de-greaser to help remove the buildup.
- Ceilings: venting and piping in the ceiling can become soiled with bacteria, mold and dust, if exposed.
- Freezers/ Coolers & Appliances: getting freezers and coolers cleaned regularly can help eliminate odors from food that is lingering and will keep your appliances energy efficient.