So you find out that you are expecting a new baby! An exciting time in your life no doubt, however you may be wondering, what things do I have to avoid now that I’m pregnant? Is it still safe for me to clean my house? You will be relieved to know that most cleaning products are safe to use when pregnant, however it is still important to exercise caution. Here are some tips that you can use if you are expecting:
- Clean in well ventilated areas (open windows, doors, vents in bathroom, etc.)
- Wear rubber gloves: it’s very important to protect your skin from the absorption of chemicals
- Read the labels on the products you use
- Try to go green: maybe make homemade cleaning products
- Take off your shoes in the house: 85% of dirt in the home comes from shoes!
- Don’t try to move furniture on your own
- Never mix products like ammonia and bleach (this can make you sick)
- Avoid cleaning your oven: the cramped space and fumes may be dangerous
- Avoid spraying pesticides in the air: try using traps for bugs instead
- Don’t get rid of mold yourself
- Ask your partner or family members to help: team work makes the dream work!
If you follow these guidelines, you will have no problem in keeping your house tidy. Just remember to always exercise caution and if you’re not sure, ask your doctor.
Many people who call our office own pets or have children and they tell us that they are concerned about odors or urine stains in their carpets. The first thing that we will recommend is an enzyme treatment.
You may be wondering, what is an enzyme? An enzyme is a substance produced by a living organism that acts as a catalyst to bring about a specific biochemical reaction.
There are actually many benefits to using an enzyme cleaner. Enzyme cleaners eliminate the need to use harsh chemicals because the waste and odors that are deeply embedded in the carpet fibers are converted into carbon dioxide and water. An enzyme cleaner is beneficial for urine, food or drink and vomit. Another great thing about an enzyme treatment is that it keeps cleaning even after you have finished cleaning it. It is also non-toxic, hypoallergenic and non-corrosive which means it is safe for you, your family and your pets!
Blackburn Pro Cleaning has an enzyme cleaner that we use with wall to wall carpets, in your home and area rugs that we clean in our facility. Give us a call today and we can schedule an enzyme cleaning for you!