Time has a way of flying by with our busy schedules and things like having our carpets cleaned can fall by the wayside, especially if they aren’t so dirty appearing yet that you can live with it for a little longer. But there are compelling reasons to have your carpets cleaned sooner than later.
Because carpeting can be the biggest filter in your home, trapping dirt, dust and allergens, periodic professional cleaning is the only way to keep your carpets clean and fresh —and your home or office healthy. While regular vacuuming is important, vacuuming dirty, neglected carpets will simply recirculate germs and allergens.
Here’s a guide to when you should have your carpets professionally cleaned:
- After a home improvement project. Even if you are just painting the walls, dust and dirt that is stirred up will eventually end up in your carpeting.
- Following any renovation. Your vacuum will be busy until the job is done; that’s a given. But when the contractor finally packs away the tools, it’s time to call your carpet cleaner.
- After a large gathering, such as a party or holiday celebration. Let’s face it: Something will get tracked into the home and onto your carpet, and, yes, someone will spill a drink or drop one of those acclaimed appetizers.
- When a pet smell is evident. We love our pets, but they can make a house take on an unpleasant odor. A lot of that odor is coming from your carpeting where pets spend a majority of their time.
- For a home with 2 people, every six months to a year under normal day-to-day circumstances; more often if you have pets and/or children. The more traffic, the more ground-in dirt, which needs to be removed by professional cleaning methods so your carpet does not overly wear and shorten its life span.
If you have questions about the carpeting in your home or business, contact us today.